In 1995, almost two decades ago, Icom has changed the way hams think about mobile HF communication with their introduction of the IC-706. Since that time, the Icom Mobile HF radios have been the Performance HF mobile radio of choice. Now, at the 2012 Tokyo Hamfair, Icom has once again changed mobile HF communications with the introduction of the IC-7100.
Touch Screen Control Portal
An amateur radio first! The radio control head features a large, multi-function, «touch screen»‘ DOT-Matrix LCD display that is positioned for easy view and operation. This is an important feature as the controller display not only provides information, but is your control portal to the IC-7100’s feature settings and menus.
Breaking the concept that a radio panel should be flat, the IC-7100’s control head is designed for an optimal view angle for the LCD as well as the spacing for large fingers, and plenty of room to have a large internal speaker along with a CW keyjack, phone/speaker, microphone, and control cable.
The IC-7100 provides D-STAR DV mode digital voice and low speed data communication.
(*No info on operations bands beyond 2m/70cm)
D-STAR: Digital Smart Technology for Amateur Radio
IF DSP features
The latest 32-bit floating point DSP supports many digital processing features such as digital IF filter, twin PBT, manual notch filters. Of course, those high grade digital processing features work on all ham bands, from HF to the 70cm band.
- Built-in SD Card Slot for voice storage and data cloning
- Dual DSP chips deliver versatile digital processing performance
- Built-in RTTY demodulator and decoder
- Multi-function meter
- SWR graphic display
- DSP controller RF speech compressor
- Total of 505 memory channels
- Voice recording and playback functions
- 70?70.5MHz coverage, 50W output power (for Europe versions only, varies according to version.)
- ± 0.5ppm high frequency stability
- Optional RS-BA1 IP control remote control software
- Hand microphone
- DC power cable
- Electronic keyer plug
- Spare fuses
- Key plug
- ACC cable
- Separation cable